Where do I even start?
I had big plans for blog in 2012 but as January rolled past, I realized that the thing I enjoyed doing the most was reading and writing reviews. So... y'all got reviews. And more reviews. And more reviews.
I'm edging up on 550 as of the writing of this post, many of which never made it here because I didn't want to overwhelm you with the crazy.
Awesome things that happened:
- Early in the year, I joined Amanda on her blog as an associate reviewer.
- I participated in (and helped organize) 3 Bout of Books read-a-thons. (Psst- BoB 6.0 starts January 7th!)
- I finally got around to creating a Facebook page for the blog.
- Amanda and I started a blog for some of the freebies that we don't have room for on our main blogs - Free Books Need Love, Too!
- Amanda and I began reviewing free erotica. Sometimes "bad" isn't a strong enough descriptor.
- Amanda and I hosted the Doin' It Dirty read-a-thon - 12 hours of nothing but smut!
- I wrote two 50K word novels. One for Camp NaNo (with Amanda) and one for NaNoWriMo.
Challenges I completed:
Ebook Challenge - 344/150 - Honestly, I stopped recording books for this challenge some time in the beginning of December. My personal goal was to read 300 ebooks. I did that. I am pleased.
Why Buy the Cow? Challenge - 185/30 - Again, I stopped adding them to this list at the beginning of December. Part of that is because I was getting confused as to what I was going to post on the blog in 2012 and what wasn't going to be scheduled until 2013. Also, I co-hosted this bad boy with Missie (The Unread Reader) and I think I ended up reading my fair share of freebies!
All Series, All Summer Challenge - 48/48 series and 66/66 books. Amanda and I loved this challenge so much that we're doing a variation on it for 2013.
Unbreaking the Shelves Challenge - 10/10 review requests and 20/20 signed books.
What will 2013 bring?
I'm working out the logistics of a bi-weekly set of posts to help keep bloggy housekeeping up to date. And by "working out the logistics", I mean that I'm making a list.
Amanda and I are co-hosting both the 2013 Why Buy the Cow? Challenge and the Seriously Series Reading Challenge to help us whittle away at those TBR piles.
Other than that... reviews, books, more reviews, and snark.