Sunday, May 5, 2013

Clock Rewinders (05/05/13)

Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the brain child of Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Tara @ 25 Hour Books.  I'm inviting myself to their party (as I sometimes do) because I have so damn much fun reading Amanda's posts that I couldn't help myself.

Reading the Paranormal Week in Review
Bookish Delights
Goodreads Stats - Loosely borrowed from Tara @ 25 Hour Books
  • Currently unread - 489
  • Books added - 7 - Sooooo... I downloaded a bunch of freebies this week and then deleted all the confirmation emails in fit of pique. Don't ask because I don't know why. So... since I'm too lazy to hunt down what I picked up, you get the edited version.
  • Books read - 28 (Take that, reading slow-down! I OWNED YOU THIS WEEK!)
  • Currently reading -1
    • Settle by Brina Courtney
Randomly random in a kinda random way...
  • Amanda needed to write a bio-type thing for an interview and couldn't think of what to say. I, in the spirit of friendship, stepped in to help her out. *ahem* You're welcome, Amanda. You're welcome.
    I'm a self-taught ninja who once entered a underground death cage match and came in second. My funeral was well attended by both famous literary characters throughout the ages and my awesome blogging friends. My resurrection back to the land of the living came at a high price -- I found that I was obsessively organized and that I have a penchant for giraffe shifter erotica. I now spend my days wrangling #NakedWerewolves, reviewing books, writing discussion posts, and running read-a-thons. 'Tis a tough life.
Globetrotting...
Check it out!
  • Seriously Series weekly update: I got caught up in an Elder Races mini-reread and mainlined 2 novels and 2 novellas over a 3 day period. It was awesome.
    • Series started in 2013: 12/18 (+4 since last week)
    • Series started before 2013: 7/18 (+1 since last week)
    • Series rereads: 4/12 (static)
News from around the blogosphere:
  • Sign up for Bout of Books is going strong. The goals linky goes up tomorrow so if you want to participate, get in there and SIGN UP! The read-a-thon starts on the 13th. JOIN US!
  • The witty and sometimes strange Kevin Hearne gives us Oberon's Shakespeare. Meat!
  • A HUGE congratulations to Mimi Strong for hitting the USA Today bestseller list with For You. I have a review coming up for this book and I must say that it's a sweet romance that made me smile.
  • Audrey Grace (she of tentacle and monster erotica) gave me a nice shout out at her blog. It makes me all warm and tingly inside.
  • I don't even know what to say about this. Well, except that it's hilariously awkward and slightly brilliant. Oh, and I LOL-ed. Hard. 9 Brilliant Moments of Comedy Hiding on YouTube.
  • OH! And there were some COVERS that came out this week... Champion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu (this reminds me that I need to read Prodigy, like, TODAY!) and Endure (The Protector #3) by M.R. Merrick (the covers for this entire series have been stellar and this one works nicely - also, since I beta read this book I can say with conviction that it fits the story perfectly).



Until next week, my darlings!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. *waves the smelling salts in your direction*
      Yup. I had a good reading week. A GOOD READING WEEK!

      Delete
  2. bwahahaha. You included my bio! I love it. Self-taught ninja.

    Awww. I love what Audrey Grace said about you. IT'S SO TRUE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSSS! Your bio made me laugh. As I was writing it. THAT'S SOME GOOD STUFF, MAN! (which is kinda funny to say about something I wrote, but it makes me giggle and that makes me happy)

      *blushes* Thank you. Audrey Grace has a lot of fun books that I found VERY entertaining so to have someone that I admire say something like that to me makes me all *flail* and *good crazy eyes*.

      Delete
  3. My answers to that interview were bland. I should have had you write mine *sigh* :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *ahem*

      I'm a former operative for one of the premier powers in the known world. After a disastrous run-in with a madman and his cadre of trained sharks, I entered the witness protection program, took up crocheting, and began my book blog. Although I try to keep a low profile, I'm dedicated to unearthing evil (and the sharks that work for them) where ever I see it and I've been known to put the screws to the hammerheads whenever I run across them.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE that bio Kelly! You are such an awesome friend. :) Also? You rocked reading's face off this week! Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took reading out behind the building and beat it with my shoe, is what I did. Then I gave it a cookie and told it that I'd be back again next week!

      Delete