Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Bluebeard's Curse by Regine Abel [Review]

Bluebeard's Curse by Regine Abel
Bluebeard's Curse (Dark Tales #1) by Regine Abel
Format: ebook
Source: provided by the author for review
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: January 22, 2017

Dark Tales
1. Bluebeard's Curse - Kindle
2. The Mistwalker

Regine Abel
Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
King Eric Thorsen, also known as Bluebeard, is once more widowed. Like all the others before her, his late wife succumbed to the lure of the curse that plagues him and threatens the realm. Willing maidens gather at the castle in the hope of becoming the next Queen. However, that title comes with a steep price: the King’s new bride must first resist temptation for one year and one day, or die trying.
Thoughts on Bluebeard's Curse: I picked up this one because, you know, sometimes I'm in the mood for a cursed king who might or might not be killing his wives. I can only assume others have this craving because CURSED KINGS ROCK!

But I digress. I picked up this book wanting a cursed king and I got a cursed king. *fist pump* I also got a strong-willed woman who quite inconveniently fell in love with her king after they married. Well, I say inconveniently, but that's more because there's the whole threat of death thing if she fails in the challenge set before her. It was good that they fell in love. Marriages should be all gooey with love. But expecting to die makes those feelings rough to handle for both of them.

The point I'm trying to make is that I enjoyed this book. Quite a bit. King Eric was hopeful, but resigned. Astrid had a steel spine that was sorely tested by the challenge presented to her. Together, they were smokin'. Which is another thing I enjoy in books starring cursed kings--smokin' hot sexy times.

No comments:

Post a Comment