Monday, September 25, 2017

Carlos' Peace by Melissa Haag [Review]

Carlos' Peace by Melissa Haag
Carlos' Peace (Judgement of the Six Companion Series #5) by Melissa Haag
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: February 14, 2017

Judgement of the Six
1. Hope(less)
2. (Mis)fortune
3. (Un)wise
4. (Un)bidden
5. (Dis)content
6. (Sur)real

Judgement of the Six Companion Series
1. Clay's Hope
2. Emmitt's Treasure
3. Luke's Dream
4. Thomas' Heart
5. Carlos' PeacePaperback | Kindle

Melissa Haag
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Carlos has spent his entire life avoiding attachments to individuals and has devoted his time to protecting his race. His childhood taught him that something is out there, threatening the existence of werewolves, and he will let nothing interfere with his vendetta to stop the threat.

Physical attachment and vendetta collide when he sees Isabelle. She’s meant to be his Mate and instinct demands that he protect her above all else. However, letting go of his past is as impossible as embracing a future filled with love. Isabelle wants nothing to do with him, except fight with him. Carlos must find a way through her emotional armor and hope, together, they can heal and face the threat.
Thoughts on Carlos' Peace: I've enjoyed getting in the heads of the men in this series, but I think I got the most out of this book as far as character growth goes. I mean, Carlos is a pretty closed off guy normally. We didn't get to see what he was thinking or get to see much beyond what he allowed Isabelle and the others to see on in Isabelle's book.

Turns out there's a whole lot locked down under the surface of this guy. A whole lot. He's learned to shove all his emotions in the proverbial closet to stay steady and focused. I'm not going to lie, the situation with his sister kinda killed me and I really, really hope he gets some resolution on that end.

Beyond that, his acceptance of Ethan was...well, it was a little rocky. While he could appreciate what Ethan meant to Isabelle, werewolves have a hard time seeing their special lady friend with another man.

I'm very, very curious how things are going to play out after the surprise at the end. I...well, I'm not going to give anything away, but I wonder. I wonder quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment