Monday, September 4, 2017

The Awakening by Amanda Stevens [Review]

The Awakening by Amanda Stevens
The Awakening (Graveyard Queen #6) by Amanda Stevens
Format: ebook
Source: provided through NetGalley
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: February 9, 2017

Graveyard Queen
0.5. The Abandoned
1. The Restorer
2. The Kingdom
3. The Prophet
4. The Visitor
5. The Sinner
6. The Awakening - Paperback | Kindle

Amanda Stevens
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Shush…lest she awaken…

My name is Amelia Gray, a cemetery restorer who lives with the dead. An anonymous donor has hired me to restore Woodbine Cemetery, a place where the rich and powerful bury their secrets. Forty years ago, a child disappeared without a trace and now her ghost has awakened, demanding that I find out the truth about her death. Only I know that she was murdered. Only I can bring her killer to justice. But the clues that I follow—a haunting melody and an unnamed baby's grave—lead me to a series of disturbing suspects.

For generations, The Devlins have been members of Charleston's elite. John Devlin once turned his back on the traditions and expectations that came with his birthright, but now he has seemingly accepted his rightful place. His family's secrets make him a questionable ally. When my investigation brings me to the gates of his family's palatial home, I have to wonder if he is about to become my mortal enemy.
Thoughts on The Awakening: Oh, this book hit the spot. Amelia and Devlin's relationship had been something I needed closure on as this series progressed and I'm beyond thrilled to see everything laid out in stark black and white. All Devlin's reasoning for walking away was laid bare. All Amelia's secrets are finally shared.

And secrets that she had never known about were brought to light.

Secrets. So many secrets. Everybody seemed to have them. Amelia, Devlin, Devlin's family. Amelia's family. Amelia's friends. Everybody.

A woman who sees ghosts is, of course, the perfect person to uncover the truth. She can see things others can't. She might be hesitant to get involved, but once she is she throws herself into figuring things out.

If this is the end of the series, I'm incredibly pleased with how it ended. If there are more books coming, I'm thrilled beyond belief. I've genuinely enjoyed the creepy, atmospheric world Amelia inhabits and would love to see more, one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment