Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Mum's the Word by Staci Hart [Review]

Mum's the Word by Staci Hart
Mum's the Word (Bennet Brothers #3) by Staci Hart
Format: ebook
Source: provided by the author for review
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: March 28, 2020

Bennet Brothers
1. Coming Up Roses
2. Gilded Lily
3. Mum's the WordPaperback | Kindle

Staci Hart
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Falling in love with a Bennet is not an option.

My mother has summoned me home to take my place at Bower Bouquets, and as the heiress, I’m expected to do as I’m told. I’m expected to sit by her side as she does her best to decimate the Bennet family and their flower shop, Longbourne. I’m expected to play by her rules, or she’ll ruin me too.

But the day I crash into Marcus Bennet changes everything.

And the kiss seals the deal.

If my mother finds out, I’ll lose everything—my family, my life, my security. Worse, she’ll make sure the Bennets pay for my mistakes.

Falling in love with a Bennet is not an option.

But I might not have a choice.
Thoughts on Mum's the Word: Oh, MAN, I liked Marcus and Maisie. They run into one another in the most literal sense and both their worlds get rocked on their axis. And yet...despite all those sweet, gooey feelings they get around the other, the lawsuit Bower has against Longbourne makes everything tricky.

Speaking of which, Maisie's mother is awful. She's cold, calculating, and heartless. Basically everything Maisie isn't. More to the point, she's everything Maisie refuses to become. Yet, the agreement she made with her mother puts her smack-dab in the middle of all the ugliness and falling for Marcus Bennet only makes things more difficult.

It's also the best thing that happened to the both of them, so it's a confusing time all around.

While Maisie has to contend with her mother's soul-crushing awfulness, Marcus is working hard to figure out a way to keep his family's legacy alive. Things look bleak, but Marcus doesn't let that stop him. Spending time with Maisie is the one bright spot in all of it. Figuring out how to make things work out for the best all around is his goal and it's a rough ride from start to finish.

I genuinely adore the Bennets and their crazy, rowdy, loving family. They love hard, have each others' backs, and fight for the things that matter to them. It might take them awhile to see the path they need to take (after a few pointed words from their siblings, naturally), but they're fantastic and I've absolutely loved seeing them fall and fall hard. And get their happily ever after all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment