Saturday, April 30, 2011

Review: One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress #2) by Jeaniene Frost

One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress #2) by Jeaniene Frost
Format: paperback
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: February 18, 2011

Night Huntress
0.5. Reckoning
1. Halfway to the Grave
1.5. Happily Never After
2. One Foot in the Grave - Paperback | Kindle
3. At Grave's End
3.5. Devil to Pay
4. Destined for an Early Grave
4.5. One for the Money
5. This Side of the Grave
6. One Grave at a Time
6.5. Home for the Holidays
7. Up from the Grave
8. A Grave Girls' Getaway
9. The Other Half of the Grave
10. Both Feet in the Grave

Jeaniene Frost
| WebsiteAmazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Half-vampire Cat Crawfield is now Special Agent Cat Crawfield, working for the government to rid the world of the rogue undead. She's still using everything Bones, her sexy and dangerous ex, taught her, but when Cat is targeted for assassination, the only man who can help her is the vampire she left behind.

Being around him awakens all her emotions, from the adrenaline kick of slaying vamps side by side to the reckless passion that consumed them. But a price on her head—wanted: dead or half-alive—means her survival depends on teaming up with Bones. And no matter how hard she tries to keep things professional between them, she'll find that desire lasts forever . . . and that Bones won't let her get away again.
My Thoughts:  For the love of small furry animals!  If Cat and Bones were any more combustible together they'd... umm... spontaneously go up in flames?  Wow.  Way to go with the horrible analogy, Kel.  Way to go.  What I was trying to say (badly) is that Cat and Bones are phenomenally hot together.  Even before chapter 32.  They're so wonderfully written that you can feel the smoldering looks and the urge to touch one another right through the pages.  It gets a little embarrassing when you're reading at work.  I'm just sayin'.

This book blew me away.  It skyrocketed Cat and Bones as a couple to the top of my Top 10 Couple List.  I don't actually have one of those, but if I did they'd be all over the top.  I love the supporting characters, especially the vampires.  Have I mentioned that I'm dying to get my hands on the spin-off books?  Spade and Mencheres are so intriguing to me.  Even Ian, with his passion for collecting rare things, interests me.

I loved the story.  I loved that Cat and Bones fell so easily back into each other.  I loved chapter 32.  I loved the familial twists that were thrown at us.  I just... love this series.  Outstanding writing, a strong hero and heroine and a bunch of twists and turns make this book incredibly captivating.  It was good enough that I'm seriously considering blowing off the two books I'm in the middle of reading to start on book 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment