Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Review: That Voodoo You Do (That Old Black Magic #1) by Jodi Redford

Synopsis (Goodreads):
For ten long years Griffin Trudeau has managed to keep his paws off Jemma Finnegan, best friend and leading star of his kinkiest fantasies. As her appointed cat familiar, indulging those fantasies with the delectable witch is strictly forbidden. But when Jemma shows up at his door with seduction in mind, control goes right out the window.

Too late he realizes making love to Jemma is the trigger that launches a zombie apocalypse.

Jemma’s been dealt a double whammy: she’s just discovered she’s a witch. And Griff has been hiding whiskers and a tail. Oh, and if her life wasn’t crazy enough, a dead voodoo queen needs her blood to raise a legion of zombies.

There’s one plan that might work to increase Jemma’s powers so she can put an end to the looming holocaust. A sexy threesome with Griff and Logan Scott, a werewolf familiar with a history of rubbing Griff’s fur the wrong way. A cat and a wolf playing nice, much less sharing? It’ll take a miracle.

Warning: A witch, tiger and wolf doing naughty things. A dead voodoo queen doing evil things. And zombies doing zombie things. Get your shovels ready.
My Thoughts:  Zombies!  I haven't read enough zombie book recently so this totally hit the spot.  Because, you know, zombies are fun.  In a completely gross and decomposing way.  What can I say?  I like the creep factor involved with the idea of the dead rising.  It gives me delicious shivers.  You know what else floats my boat?  Witches and shapeshifters.  Especially when the shifters are all growly and territorial.  Yum.

Jodi Redford is a new to me author and I am so glad that she's on my radar now.  This book was amazingly fun.  Did you see that part about zombies?  And witches?  And territorial shifters?  Well, there's also a cocky, arrogant  werewolf.  And a hot threesome!  *swoon*

I loved the overall tone of the book.  It was snarky and light-hearted and yet it also managed to be sweet.  Griff was adorable.  Jemma was determined to find a way to be with him.  Logan was hot and ... hot.  I'm going to be honest, I'm really excited about his story because he was yummy.

Fast paced with sex scenes hot enough to require a cold shower afterward, this book absolutely hit the spot.

More books by Jodi Redford

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

1 comment:

  1. Ok - you had me on witches, territorial shapeshifters and zombie queen. *whew* Now that is a combination and I'm glad to hear it works.

    Great review!

    Shelagh
    The Word Fiend

    ReplyDelete