Thursday, February 28, 2013

2013 Why Buy the Cow? Reading Challenge: March Reviews

This post is for participants of the 2013 Why Buy the Cow? RC to link their reviews for MARCH.

Welcome to the third month of the 2013 Why Buy the Cow? Reading Challenge!

If you haven’t signed up for the 2013 Why Buy the Cow? RC yet, you can here. Or read more about the challenge here. Anyone is welcomed to join at any time.

Rules for linking your MARCH reviews. If your link does not meet these guidelines, it will be removed. Please note the following:
  • Galley e-books, ARCs, library books, Amazon Prime, and books you’ve won DO NOT count for this challenge. This challenge is for FREE, legal downloads that anyone would have access to if they visited the open to the public source.
  • When you post your book review, you MUST reveal how you obtained the free e-book. Please make your source clear. We DO NOT condone illegal downloading/pirating of e-books.
  • Below, paste the direct link to your review. Home page links will be removed. Reviews can be from your blog, Goodreads, Shelfari, LibraryThing, Amazon, or any other public forum or website.
  • Please leave the Book Title, Author Name, & Your Name/Blog with your review post link. Ex: Six Moon Summer by S.M. Reine (Kelly) -or- Six Moon Summer by S.M. Reine (RtP)
Informational Tidbits:
Why Buy the Cow? Monthly Showcase:


Please leave the Book Title, Author Name & Your Name/Blog with your review post link.
Ex: Six Moon Summer by S.M. Reine (Kelly) -or- Six Moon Summer by S.M. Reine (RtP)
Link 'em up!




Since we're now heading into the third month of this challenge, we'd love to hear how everyone's doing!
Leave a link to your progress page (if you have one) in the comments so we can cheer you on. Don't have a  progress page? No problem! Simply leave a quick comment letting us know how you're doing so we can celebrate with you!

10 comments:

  1. I am doing much better than last year and I hope that will continue as there are no shortage of free books.
    I am hoping that I might go past my goal of 24 books and at least reach the 36 but we will see.

    http://janeharfeld.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/2013-why-buy-cow-reading-challenge-sign.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just posted third book. I did look on Amazon and the book is listed as free right now, also. I also happen to own the same book in paper form which I did not remember reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple ebook/paperback duplicates myself. It happens, right? Good job, btw! Keep it up!

      Delete
  3. I've read 15 books so far... not bad ;) If I average it out, I read 70 last year, which is about 6 a month so I'm on the same track I suppose.

    I have both my Seriously Series list and my Why Buy the Cow list on the same page. Since there is a fair amount of overlap involved it works.

    http://creativedeeds.wordpress.com/reading-challenges/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high five* Suh-weet! What were you aiming for with freebies? The 50 book range? Or are you being daring and going for 100?

      Delete
    2. Officially 50, but you never know. I'll have to see how far I am at the 6 month mark. ;)

      Delete
    3. I'm pretty sure you're going to hit 50 without a hitch. Unless you stop reading all together. I say... aim for 75. Just as a personal goal.

      Delete
  4. I have read 4 books so far - two of them are still waiting for their review (I must confess I'm a little bit afraid of writing reviews in English, but it's getting better (I hope!) ;-)).
    "Lausbubengeschichten" is a bavarian classic, therefore the review is completely in German. :-)

    http://www.sarahs-buch-archiv.de/sonstiges/challenges/2013/why-buy-the-cow.html

    ReplyDelete