Dear Reader,My Thoughts: The reread continues! As I pointed out to my partner in crime, one of the things I love about these books is how tortured and heroic the main characters are. So, you know, expect to hear that a lot from me. I also might have mentioned that I adore the sexy, but I kinda figure that everyone knows that's a given with the type of books I like. So... yeah.
Have you ever wanted to know what it's like to be immortal? To journey through the night stalking the evil that preys on humans? To have unlimited wealth, unlimited power? That is my existence, and it is dark and dangerous. I play hero to thousands, but am known to none. And I love every minutes of it.
Or so I thought until one night when I woke up handcuffed to my worst nightmare: a conservative woman in a button-down shirt. Or in Amanda's case, one buttoned all the way up to her chin. She's smart, sexy, witty, and wants nothing to do with the paranormal--in other words, me.
My attraction to Amanda Devereaux goes against everything I stand for. Not to mention the last time I fell in love it cost me not only my human life, but also my very soul. Yet every time I look at her, I find myself wanting to try again. Wanting to believe that love and loyalty do exist.
Even more disturbing, I find myself wondering if there's any way a woman like Amanda can love a man whose battle scars run deep, and whose heart was damaged by a betrayal so savage that he's not sure it will ever beat again.
Kyrian of Thrace
Kyrian's story slays me. Plus... plus plus plus, there are so many mentions of characters that we'll meet later on. SO MANY! It makes me a little swoony. But enough about them. Kyrian. Tortured, heroic Kyrian. He went through a lot before he was made a Dark-Hunter. A LOT. And knowing who did it and how he's going to fit into the story is a real kick in the pants. Meanwhile, Amanda's family ... awesome. They're just over the top fun.
I really do like Kyrian and Amanda's story but the big draw here is seeing all the bits and pieces of the Dark-Hunter world laid out. Ash -- beautiful, tortured Ash -- is a lot rougher in these earlier books than I remember him being later on. This world is huge and it's only going to get bigger. I'm ready for it. Let's do this.
Books in the Dark-Hunter Universe
1. Fantasy Lover
2. Night Pleasures - Paperback | Kindle
3. Night Embrace
4. Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #4, Were-Hunter #1)
5. Kiss of the Night
6. Night Play (Dark-Hunter #6, Were-Hunter #2)
7. Seize the Night
8. Sins of the Night
9. Unleash the Night (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
10. Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #10, Were-Hunter #4)
11. The Dream-Hunter (Dark-Hunter #11, Dream-Hunter #1)
12. Devil May Cry
13. Upon the Midnight Clear (Dark-Hunter #13, Dream-Hunter #2)
14. Dream Chaser (Dark-Hunter #14, Dream-Hunter #3)
16. One Silent Night
17. Dream Warrior (Dark-Hunter #17, Dream-Hunter #4)
18. Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter #18, Were-Hunter #5, Hellchaser #3)
19. No Mercy (Dark-Hunter #19, Were-Hunter #6)
20. Retribution (Dark-Hunter #20, Were-Hunter #7)
21. The Guardian (Dark-Hunter #21, Dream-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #8, Hellchaser #4)
22. Time-Untime (Dark-Hunter #22, Hellchaser #5)
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |