Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Beast in Him by Shelly Laurenston [Review]

The Beast in Him by Shelly Laurenston
The Beast In Him (Pride #2) by Shelly Laurenston
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: December 1, 2014

Pride
0.5. Howl For It
1. The Mane Event
2. The Beast in Him - Paperback | Kindle
3. The Mane Attraction
4. The Mane Squeeze
5. Beast Behaving Badly
6. Big Bad Beast
7. Bear Meets Girl
8. Wolf with Benefits
9. Bite Me

Shelly Laurenston
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Some things are so worth waiting for. Like the moment when Jessica Ward "accidentally" bumps into Bobby Ray Smith and shows him just how far she's come since high school. Back then, Jess's gangly limbs and bruised heart turn to jelly any time Smitty's "all the better to ravish you with" body came near her. So, some things haven't changed. Except now Jess is a success on her own terms. And she can enjoy a romp-or twenty-with a big, bad wolf and walk away. Easy.

The sexy, polished CEO who hires Smitty's security firm might be a million miles from the loveable geek he knew, but her kiss, her touch, is every bit as hot as he imagined. Jess was never the kind to ask for help, and she doesn't want it now, not even with someone targeting her Pack. But Smitty's not going to turn tail and run. Not before proving that their sheet-scorching animal lust is only the start of something even wilder…
Thoughts on The Beast in Him: OH MAN. Whenever I dive back into this series I'm HEARTILY reminded of how much I adore it and the crazy, bloodthirsty characters who populate this world. It makes me laugh HARD and I always want MOAR once I get to the end. (Nobody fret! I have another waiting on my Kindle, so I'm set, y'all!)

Jessie Ann's desire to act aloof around Smitty was HILARIOUS to watch. I loved how her dogs had her back and how they were willing to do whatever needed to be done to help her out. By that same token, Smitty's family, his friends, his willingness to unsheath his claws whenever he was feeling antsy left me giggling.

I just LIKE how ready and able these shifters are to smack each other around. There's something about a little bloodshed to liven up a gathering, isn't there?

As always, the characters are hilarious, the sex is smokin' (those Smith boys sure know how to bring it, don't they?), and the various situations they find themselves in kept me entertained. I love this series hard and I'm so SO happy I have the next book to pounce on.

No comments:

Post a Comment