Monday, August 3, 2015

Bite Me by Shelly Laurenston [Review]

Bite Me by Shelly Laurenston
Bite Me (Pride #9) by Shelly Laurenston
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: May 20, 2015

Pride
0.5. Howl For It
1. The Mane Event
2. The Beast in Him
3. The Mane Attraction
4. The Mane Squeeze
5. Beast Behaving Badly
6. Big Bad Beast
7. Bear Meets Girl
8. Wolf with Benefits
9. Bite Me - Paperback | Kindle

Shelly Laurenston
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Livy Kowalski has no time for idiots. When you shapeshift into a honey badger, getting through life’s irritants is a finely honed skill. Until she gets stuck housing her nutso cousin and dealing with her dad’s untimely and unexplained demise.

That’s where Vic Barinov comes in—or his house does. Vic can’t step outside without coming back to find Livy devouring his honey stash and getting the TV remote sticky. It gets his animal instincts all riled up. But he’ll have to woo her at high speed: all hell is breaking loose, and Livy is leading the charge…
Thoughts on Bite Me: I'm not going to pull any punches, guys. I could totally read about how insanely hated Novikov is by PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE until the cows come home. I don't even know what it is about the guy that makes me like him so much, but whenever he's brought into the story I perk up.

But Novikov is just a side treat I get to wallow in. This book is all about Livy and Vic. Well, and the conclusion of a pesky problem that's been plaguing the hybrids for the past few books.

For the record, I do love how the honey badgers took care of business when one of their own was....err, threatened, I guess you could say. The point being that you don't want to cross a honey badger. Pretty much ever. Whether it's over a priceless treasure or a jar of honey. Just... no. Don't. Those guys are vicious.

Anyway. Let's get back to Livy and Vic. Livy's feeling the strain of her muse deserting her. Vic keeps finding her in his cupboards. I ADORED how Vic's feelings for Livy sort of snuck up on him. I loved how he was okay with her eating all his high-end honey. As with most of the crazy hybrid mish-mashes, I LOVED Vic's hybrid form.

Did I mention the whole Novikov thing? Because, yeah. That guy and his OCD issues makes me weirdly happy.

Now that I've reached the end of the currently published books, I guess I need to go back and dive into a reread. Because that's what one does.

No comments:

Post a Comment