Monday, September 20, 2010

Review: Catching Fire (Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins


Synopsis (via Goodreads): Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

My Take: Oh, for the love of Pete!  Who don't you just take my first born child after ripping out my heart like that, Suzanne Collins?  Why not just leave my battered and bloody body on the side of the road?  My only consolation here is that I don't have to wait for book #3.  I have it.  I have it in my hands!  Right now!


I don't even know where to start without giving everything away.  I am going to say that at the end of the last book I didn't know how Katniss was going to be pulled back in to the Games, yet the way it happened totally worked.  The lies, the misdirection, the issues of trust all made this book non-stop for me.  I loved the imagery of Katniss transforming into a Mockingjay.  I loved that she has unwittingly become something she never set out to be.

Oh, and in case you're wondering: This is not the Catching Fire you want to be buying.
I'm just sayin'.

More books by Suzanne Collins

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment