Sunday, February 6, 2011

Quickie Review: Bloodlust by Larissa Ione

Synopsis (via Goodreads):
Sometimes, you don't need romance…

Sir Brynn of Lochland has a serious problem. He's been captured by an evil vampire queen who wants to use him as her newest blood slave. But Bryann doesn't have a submissive bone in his body, and he intends to fight her every step of the way.

Can Brynn's willpower remain intact when pitted against Sorla's superior vampire strength, seductive skills, and underhanded cruelty, or will she ultimately take possession of both his mind…and body?

* * * CONTENT WARNING: This is a VERY graphic erotic horror/fantasy novella. Expect blood, sex, some M/M content, and bad, bad words.
My Thoughts:  This is a very short story that is not AT ALL about romance.  See that warning?  Totally true.  It's dirty, bloody, and brutal.  Not necessarily in that order.  If any of that squicks you, steer clear.

Since I'm totally down with blood, sex and brutality, I found that I liked it quite a bit.  I loved the dark, ambiguous ending.  I thought the sex was well-written and the cruelties that Sorla subjected Brynn to were the type of thing that would eventually break a strong man.

All in all, while short and fast it got its point across and left me cringing a bit.  In a good way.

More books by Larissa Ione

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment