Friday, March 4, 2011

Review: Moonlight Warrior (Midnight Bay #1) by Janet Chapman

Synopsis (via Goodreads):
Eve Anderson is darned tired of Kenzie Gregor meddling in her business. She might be struggling to keep herself and her ailing mother financially afloat, but she's no princess in need of a strong, capable knight in a black SUV to rescue her -- even if he is easy on the eyes. Besides, there's something very odd about him...and she's sure the strange events occurring in their small coastal Maine town are linked to his recent arrival.

Once an immortal warrior cursed to live as a panther, Kenzie is finally free to live and die as a man, and his destiny is to help other displaced souls. Of course, if he can get tiny, blue-eyed, curly blond Eve out of the deal, well...life doesn't get any better. But she's as stubborn and fierce as a lioness, and in order to win her love, he must tempt her with forbidden desires....
My Thoughts:  This is a spin-off of Janet Chapman's Highlander series.  I haven't read any of those books, but I had no problem at all figuring out what was going on.  Maybe some of the references to previous happenings when Kenzie and Eve went to visit the MacKeage family would have made a little more sense but that really didn't detract from the overall story.

This is one of those fast, fun reads that doesn't tax the brain too much.  Kenzie is surprisingly chivalrous for a time-displaced Scottish warrior.  I mean, didn't all those guys abduct their desired ladies to make sweet, sweet love amongst the heather and crags of their homeland?  What?  That's what happens in all the Highlander books I read.  O_o Eve was a little harder for me to pin down.  There were times when her stubbornness regarding her feelings toward Kenzie made me grimace.  I also thought that she fell into believing about his magic with very little explanation.  It would have worked better for me if it wasn't a complete turnaround from her previous attitude, but I decided to just go with it.

Although there is sex in the book it's very tame (especially compared with my latest batch of hawtness!) and is more sweet than anything else.

Overall it was a light read, perfect for a lazy afternoon.

More books by Janet Chapman

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment