Saturday, April 30, 2011

Review: Laid Bare (Brown Siblings #1) by Lauren Dane

Synopsis (Goodreads):
It's been ten years since clean-cut, sexy-as-hell police officer Todd Keenan had a white-hot fling with Erin Brown, the provocative, wild rocker chick next door. Their power exchange in the bedroom got under his skin. But love wasn't in the cards just yet...

Now, life has thrown the pair back together. But picking up where they left off is tough, in light of a painful event from Erin's past. As Todd struggles to earn her trust, their relationship takes an unexpected and exciting turn when Todd's best friend, Ben, ends up in their bed--and all three are quite satisfied in this relationship without a name. As the passion they share transforms Erin, will it be enough to help her face the evil she thought she had left behind?
My Thoughts: Wow.  This book was phenomenal on so many levels.  It was incredibly hot.  It had some intensely sexy BDSM moments.  It had a blisteringly awesome menage.  It had some of the most extraordinary secondary characters imaginable.  It was like being handed a plate of cake and then being told that it's your favorite cake and you can have as much of it as you want.  It was DELICIOUS!

I seem to say this often when I write up contemporary romance reviews but under normal circumstances this isn't my favorite genre.  I like it when it's done right (obviously) but it seems that the bulk of contemporary non-paranormal romances are so terribly bland that I can hardly sit through them.  That's not the case here.  Beyond the hot sex (which was HOT), Lauren Dane has given us this brilliant, broken woman who is so much stronger than she thinks she it.  Erin's story isn't easy to read.  I was almost in tears more than once.  Yet, she never comes across as shattered beyond repair.  She's found a way to rally and pull herself back up.  Her love life isn't conventional but she makes no apologies for it.  She's confident in herself and she's strong enough to weather the storm that her choices bring her.  It helps that her two men are gorgeous and dedicated to her.  The bond the three of them form is sweet and sexy in itself.

I really can't say enough good things about the depth Lauren Dane brings to her characters.  Every single one of them was full of life and emotion.  Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the rest of the books in this series.

More books by Lauren Dane

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this one-like you, I don't read a lot of contemporary romances, but I loved this entire series. I just made the mistake of starting with book 2 instead of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a place to start reading Lauren Dane's books, after your review I think I've found what I'm starting with. This sounds great and I'm liking the cover.

    ReplyDelete