Monday, January 9, 2012

Quickie Review: Ignite (Cryptid Tales Bonus Story) by Brina Courtney

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Jeremy has no last name. His family has left him at Marksville Orphanage in rural eastern Virginia, hoping to find work during the end of the Great Depression. Unfortunately Jeremy is never adopted, because HE intervened before Jeremy ever had the chance. Ignite is just a piece of his story.
My Thoughts: A very intriguing snippet that sets the tone for Reveal. I loved the setting and the lazy feel Brina Courtney's writing evoked.  The downside is that Jeremy's story tugged at me so much that I fear there might be an extended bout of weeping in my future when I meet up with him again. Dangit, Brina. I don't cry pretty. Why are you doing this to me?

Ignite was a very short, very haunting story that has me itching to read more about this world.

More books by Brina Courtney

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment