Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Review: The Benson (Experiment in Terror #2.5) by Karina Halle

Synopsis (Goodreads):
This short story/novella sees amateur Youtube ghost-hunters, Perry Palomino and Dex Foray, investigating the real-life hauntings of Portland's infamous Benson Hotel.
My Thoughts: For a short story, this bad boy packed a lot of wallop. We got a taste of Perry's feelings for Dex and we get to see the many sides of Dex. Man, that guy's hard to read. He's solicitous one minute and urging Perry into danger the next. Not that he knew there was danger, I guess. And I know he's just trying to get the shot. But... but... but... Arrgh! I don't have the words! I love the dynamic between the two of them so much. I just love how Dex runs hot and cold. I love how Perry doesn't think much of herself. I love how Dex pushes Perry. I just... want these two together.

As for the ghosties they're hunting, I'm always down with a good haunted hotel setting. So much agony can be hidden behind closed doors. So many people with so many little pieces of pain. *shivers* Quite simply, I loved the whole setup. The only thing that would have made it better would have been Perry and Dex being forced to share a room as they hunt for their ghosties. *swoon* *sigh* *swoon*

An excellent peek back into the Experiment in Terror world. It had everything I wanted (except the room sharing *ahem*) with a side order of sexual tension.

Perfect.

Other books in this series
Book 1: Darkhouse
Book 2: Red Fox
Book 3: Dead Sky Morning

More books by Karina Halle

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sadly, no. Imagine how crazy I'd be if they did. O.O

      Delete
    2. Me too. Although perhaps the sexual tension would have been too much for me. I might have DIED if they had been force to share a room again. *swoon* *swoon* *swoon*

      Delete
    3. I doubt mere room sharing would reduce you to death.

      Delete
    4. I don't know. They had to share a tent in book 3 and I almost wet myself in excitement. Then they had to share a sleeping bag after Perry's sleeping bag got wet (ON ACCIDENT) and my heart might have stuttered a few times. *swoon*

      Delete