Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Review: The Missing (The FBI Psychics #1) by Shiloh Walker

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Her psychic gift drove away the man she loved and years later has drawn him back to her…

As a teenager, Taige Branch hated her psychic gift. No one could understand, except for Cullen Morgan, the boy who stole her heart. He did his best to accept her, until his mother was brutally murdered, and he couldn't forgive Taige for not preventing it.

Now a widowed father, Cullen Morgan has never forgotten Taige. But what brings her back into his life is another tragedy. His beloved little girl has been kidnapped, and Taige is his only hope of finding her. Working together against the clock, Cullen and Taige can't help but wonder whether, if they find his daughter in time, it isn't too late for the overpowering love that still burns between them.
My Thoughts: I bought this book over a year ago and for some reason left it languishing on my bookshelf. When I finally picked it up, I devoured it in one sitting. I was enthralled by Taige and Cullen. I loved the world Shiloh Walker created. It's dark and brutal and I couldn't put it down.

Taige and Cullen's romance was so sweetly believable. I liked the way they were around one another. I liked that they made what might have been just a summer fling work. I hated that Cullen blamed Taige for being unable to stop his mother's murder, but I understand why he drove her away. Taige's solitary existence after Cullen broke things off was heartbreaking but it made her stronger and it made her learn to take control of her gift. Still, that aloneness she lived with for nearly her entire life was difficult to read about.

When Cullen steps back through her door, Taige knows she's going to help him but she also tries her hardest to keep him at arm's length. Despite that, the two of them had so much heat between them you could practically see it. And when they get naked, it's smokin' hot.

The mystery of who is behind the kidnapping is tightly woven and kept me guessing. The characters, from Taige and Cullen straight on down to the various individuals who make up the FBI task force that Taige consulted with, were interesting and dynamic. I'm stupid excited that there are more books in this world for me to jump into.

More books by Shiloh Walker

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

4 comments:

  1. I think this is one book that needs to go on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was heartily impressed by it. Danger with a side of sex is yummy!

      Delete
  2. *goes to Goodreads and adds it to my need to read list* This book sounds great. I'd never even heard of it before this review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. Shiloh Walker writes some great characters.

      Delete