Thursday, October 18, 2012

Review: Bunny and the Bear by Eve Langlais

Bunny and the Bear (Furry United Coalition #1) by Eve Langlais
Synopsis (Goodreads):
What’s a poor bear to do when all he wants is some sweet, bunny pie?

Bears and bunnies aren’t supposed to mix, or that’s what Chase keeps telling himself when his bouncy new neighbor won’t stay out of his business—and his mind. However, the more he gets to know his overly perky neighbor, the more he craves her—naked in his grasp—a desire worse than his addiction to honey and pie.

Miranda’s on a mission for the Furry United Coalition, and it involves secretly guarding one grumpy ol’ bear. Staying focused on the job isn’t easy when all she can think about is turning his frown upside down, a task made harder when she gets a glimpse of his passion. When she hears about his theory on woodland creatures and predators not mixing, she thinks all is lost, but she didn’t count on a bear’s curious nature—and possessive need.

When an evil force abducts Chase, Miranda unleashes her bunny in order to save him, but the revelation of her shifter side puts her in danger. Is one ornery bear enough to save her from a mad scientist? And if he does, can a bear forget her woodland creature status long enough to love her and make her his mate?

Warning: Pies were harmed in the making of this story and naughty references made about honey that might offend some readers.
My Thoughts: Every Eve Langlais' book I read makes me love her writing even more. It's fun. It's sexy. It's full of badass women who know who to kick butt and take names. Throw in a protective male who can appreciate the badassness... perfection!

Miranda is a hoot. She plays the ditzy blonde but she's got a lot more going on upstairs than she lets on. She works hard on getting under Chase's skin as part of her mission. And she succeeds. She's bouncy. He's grumpy. Together they tear up the sheets something fierce.

I loved the bad guy. No, wait. I didn't love him. I love that he can't manage a credible evil laugh. I love that he's so evil. He's like the type of evil that makes you grin whenever he pops in. But he's still evil. Despicable creature. Yep. Absolutely a horror.

I am enamored of this series and hope to find time to read more of it soon. It's the type of fun that leaves you giddy. The pie references alone will have you giggling. And the honey references. Either way! Full.Of.Awesome.

Books in this series
1. Bunny and the Bear - Paperback | Kindle
2. Swan and the Bear
3. Croc and the Fox

Author Links
| Website | Facebook | Amazon |

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

12 comments:

  1. I really want to read this one if for any reason other than the name of the book---it cracks me up every time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Miranda made me laugh. She's a bunny. A BUNNY! And Chase is such a grumpy old bear. It's hilarious! Eve Langlais makes me laugh.

      Delete
  2. This series (along with Eve's other books) is so cute! I think Croc And The Fox is my favorite so far :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ITCHING to read Croc and the Fox but I told myself I had to read the series in order. I WILL STICK TO THAT! Maybe.

      Delete
  3. (O)_(O)

    A bunny, you say? This one does sound like it would be quite fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Put your Steve Buscemi eyes away, please. You're scaring the wee ones. (and me)

      It is fun. IT IS!

      Delete
  4. I read this book a few weeks ago, and it was silly but a lot of fun. It was nice reading a shifter story featuring animals besides wolves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eve Langlais always makes me giggle with her books. So fun!

      Delete
  5. I like Eve Langlais! Though, I'm with Felicia -- the name of the book is hilarious! I just can't take it seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can tell you is that Miranda isn't your everyday type of bunny. *nods sagely* I love that the organization she works for is called FUC. Lololol! Oh, the things that amuse me.

      Delete
  6. Never would I have picked this up based on title... or even the synopsis... but your review sold it! Added to my Wish List :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to read an Eve Langlais book that doesn't make me ridiculously happy.

      Delete