It's that time again! Time to polish up your blog until it shines!
Question: Do you draft reoccurring posts (weekly memes, wrap-up posts, etc) to make scheduling easier? If you don't, is there a reason?
- review archive - are you responsible for sites other than your own? Don't forget about those
- sidebar - check for buttons or links for events that have ended. Have any new events coming up? Now's the time to add them.
- reading challenges - update your progress, add links to challenges where you can link up. If you're a challenge host, do you try to comment on linked reviews? Now's your chance!
- blogrolls - clean 'em up!
- crosspost - do you crosspost to Amazon, B&N, Goodreads, Library Thing? Don't forget to add your reviews to Netgalley or Edelweiss for those ARCs.
- check your subscription and social media links - if this isn't something that you normally check, now's an excellent time to make sure it's doing what it should be doing. (check out Felicia's Tech Tips for ideas on what to do if you're getting errors on your subscription link)
- check your static pages (About, Review Policy, etc) for outdated information, broken links, etc.
- review your profiles - when was the last time you updated your Goodreads or Facebook profiles? Is everything up to date?
- We're at the halfway-ish point for March. Have you planned out the rest of the month? Are you working on next month's schedule? Do what you can when you have a few minutes to spare so you don't feel overwhelmed later.
- respond to review requests and other bloggy emails
- check your spam folder - legitimate emails can sometimes slip through, catch them now.
- check the spam filter on the blog - get rid of the spam! save the legits!
- make the rounds - check back on blogs where you left comments, maybe spread a few new comments around like candy.
BACK UP YOUR BLOG!