Wednesday, August 6, 2014

North of Need by Laura Kaye [Review]

North of Need (Hearts of the Anemoi #1) by Laura Kaye
North of Need (Hearts of the Anemoi #1) by Laura Kaye
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: May 10, 2014

Hearts of the Anemoi
1. North of Need - Paperback | Kindle
2. West of Want
3. South of Surrender
4. East of Ecstasy

Laura Kaye
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Desperate to escape agonizing memories of Christmas past, twenty-nine-year-old widow Megan Snow builds a snow family outside the mountain cabin she once shared with her husband, realizing too late that she’s recreated the very thing she’ll never have.

Called to life by Megan’s tears, snow god Owen Winters appears unconscious on her doorstep in the midst of a raging blizzard. As she nurses him to health, Owen finds unexpected solace in her company and unimagined pleasure in the warmth of her body, and vows to win her heart for a chance at humanity.

Megan is drawn to Owen’s mismatched eyes, otherworldly masculinity, and enthusiasm for the littlest things. But this Christmas miracle comes with an expiration—before the snow melts and the temperature rises, Megan must let go of her widow’s grief and learn to trust love again, or she’ll lose Owen forever.
Thoughts on North of Need: Aww. I reeeeaaaaaally liked this one. Owen. OWEN. He was just so adorable and enthusiastic about everything. And Megan. Poor lady. She was a wreck when Owen showed up on her doorstep. An absolute wreck. With good reason, mind you. Watching her come alive again and find her way out of her grief to see what she has in front of her made me smile.

Plus, OWEN.

Yeah, I liked the guy. Can you tell?

Anyway. Besides Owen's enthusiasm and Megan's pain, I kinda adored the world building here. Gods. GODS. And their limitations. I mean, their powers are cool, too. BUT THOSE LIMITATIONS. Owen's expiration date was painful to watch approaching because the potential for badness was so great.

So, I really, really liked this book and I'm all over the next ones in the series. THEY ARE CALLING TO ME. (not literally, though, because that would be creepy.)

3 comments:

  1. Owen was COMPLETELY adorable. *clutches at him*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the whole series (got it at a ridiculous price), so I'll have to check Owen ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I bought it. I think I spent less than $3 for the entire series. LOVE THAT!

      Delete