Monday, November 17, 2014

As Long As You Love Me by Ann Aguirre [Review]

As Long As You Love Me by Ann Aguirre
As Long As You Love Me (2B Trilogy #2) by Ann Aguirre
Format: ebook
Source: provided through NetGalley
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: September 14, 2014

2B Trilogy
1. I Want It That Way
2. As Long As You Love Me - Paperback | Kindle
3. The Shape of My Heart

Ann Aguirre
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Most people dream about getting out of Sharon, Nebraska, but after three years away, Lauren Barrett is coming home. She has her reasons—missing her family, losing her college scholarship. But then there's the reason Lauren can't admit to anyone: Rob Conrad, her best friend's older brother.

Football prowess and jaw-dropping good looks made Rob a star in high school. Out in the real world, his job and his relationships are going nowhere. He's the guy who women love and leave, not the one who makes them think of forever —until Lauren comes back to town, bringing old feelings and new dreams with her.

Because the only thing more important than figuring out where you truly belong is finding the person you were meant to be with.
Thoughts on As Long As You Love Me: I have to say that I fell hard for Rob and his insecurities. That poor, sweet man. The things he put up with from his family and Avery because he thought he couldn't be more than a pretty face just about broke my heart.

Needless to say, his growth (with a few not-so-subtle pushes from Lauren) made me smile. On the flip side, he's so good for Lauren. He accepts her quirks and he gives her the foundation she needs to find herself. Although Lauren seems put together on the surface, she's a bit of a mess underneath and Rob's unwavering support gives her the strength to confront her issues.

Not without some speed bumps along the way, of course.

Meanwhile, I wasn't sure what to think of Avery at first. She comes across as cold and haughty, but as her story unfolded we got to see a whole other side of her. Her friendship with Lauren was unexpected (the current girlfriend and the ex don't seem like they'd make good pals), but it worked. Lauren ended up needing her as much as Avery needed Lauren.

I haven't read book 1 in this series yet, but the glimpses we were given of Nadia and Daniel made me want to pick it up. Because they intrigued me. Not to mention Courtney and Max.

Yep, this whole trilogy officially has me intrigued.

2 comments:

  1. I've read many good reviews about book #1, this series has got me intrigued too :) Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann Aguirre is one of my favorite authors and she definitely delivers!

      Delete