Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Christmas to Bear by Carina Wilder [Review]

A Christmas to Bear (Wolf Rock Shifters) by Carina Wilder
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: November 27, 2014

Wolf Rock Shifters
1. Winning the Alpha
2. Bearing Up in Wolf Rock
3. The Right to Bear's Arms
4. To Lie With Lions
A Christmas to Bear

Carina Wilder
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis:
There’s nothing quite like the feeling of going home to the family for Christmas. And that’s exactly why Aria’s chosen to avoid hers like the plague and head to the quiet mountain town of Wolf Rock to ski, celebrate single life and admire the male shifter population from afar. Funny how a little accident can turn a girl’s world upside down. Lucian is a sexy, reclusive polar bear shifter who’s stayed out of humanity’s way for ages, and he expects humanity to return the favor. That includes clumsy women who aren’t great at skiing but are remarkably gifted at smashing into trees. Will the laws of attraction trump the laws of common sense? Probably. It is Christmas, after all. The season of mistletoe, warm hearths and the warmest hearts.
Thoughts on A Christmas to Bear: I do enjoy a good shapeshifter tale. And this book defnitely delivers on the shifters. We have bears and wolves and beady-eyed foxes. Or weasels. Or whatever that one guy was.

Oh, and one human girl who doesn't know when to quit when it comes to big, grouchy bears who hover around the periphery of town. Not going to lie, I'm partial to the big, grouchy ones so this story worked for me.

This was my first time in the Wolf Rock world and I enjoyed it. Lucian was intriguing. Aria was tenacious. Tristan as a solid Alpha and I wouldn't mind going back and reading his book. I like men with strong leadership skills. Also, werewolves.

What was I talking about again? Oh. Shapeshifters. They make me happy.

2 comments:

  1. I liked the way she went chasing her man, I love a woman who knows what she wants :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss! Shapeshifters and the women meant for them. YES!

      Delete