Friday, March 4, 2016

Scotsman of My Dreams by Karen Ranney [Review]

Scotsman of My Dreams by Karen Ranney
Scotsman of My Dreams (MacIain #2) by Karen Ranney
Format: paperback
Source: library
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: December 29, 2015

MacIain
1. In Your Wildest Scottish Dreams
2. Scotsman of My Dreams - Paperback | Kindle
3. An American in Scotland

Karen Ranney
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Once the ton's most notorious rake, Dalton MacIain has returned from his expedition to America during the Civil War— wounded and a changed man. Instead of returning to his old haunts, he now spends his time at home. But Dalton's peace is disturbed when Minerva Todd barges into his London townhouse, insisting he help search for her missing brother Neville. Though Dalton would love to spend more time with the bewitching beauty, he has no interest in finding Neville, whom he blames for his injury.

Minerva has never met a more infuriating man than the Earl of Rathsmere, yet she is intrigued by the torrid rumors she has heard about him . . . and the fierce attraction pulling her toward him.

Dalton does not count on Minerva's persistence, or the desire she awakens in him, compelling him to discover her brother's fate. But when danger surrounds them, Dalton fears he will lose the tantalizing, thoroughly unpredictable woman he has come to love.
Thoughts on Scotsman of My Dreams: I've had a bit of a soft spot for strong men battling some sort of physical imperfection lately. Who am I kidding? It's not lately. It's all the time. But this book popped up on my radar and it worked for me on a lot of levels, one of them being that physical imperfection thing. So... yay.

Here's the thing, I liked the brooding, secluded Dalton we meet at the beginning of this book. Young, brash, jerky Dalton, not so much. He was... kinda a jerk. While what he went through was something he brought on himself by putting himself smack-dab in the middle of a war, it did help shape him into a man who was worthy of his brother's title.

Minerva's straight-talking forwardness was exactly what Dalton needed. While they both had every reason to despise the other, her presence gave him something to look forward to and the answers Dalton could help Minerva find were something she desperately needed. And, heck, I liked the tension that sprang up whenever the two of them verbally sparred.

Sexy enough to hit the spot and downright fun when Minerva went after what she wanted, I'm throwing out a thumbs up. Because Scotsmen are hotsmen. Yeah, that's not a word, BUT STILL!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh. I don't think I've read an Karen Ranney... but I might have to.

    ReplyDelete