Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Hard Core by Tess Oliver [Review]

Hard Core by Tess Oliver
Hard Core by Tess Oliver
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: June 29, 2016

Tess Oliver
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon | Paperback | Kindle |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Ledger
Sometimes one good dose of trouble could turn your life around, put you on the right path. But I'd taken the opposite side of the forked road and headed off looking for even more trouble, like a junkie constantly searching for the next high. Never would I have guessed that turn would lead me to her.
I couldn't stop thinking about her. She was an angel, a hard core, bone-fide angel and in her short life, she'd already had a taste of hell.

Jacy
Despair. Heartbreak. Silence. That was all I'd grown to know, until he showed up next door. The handsome, tattooed stranger had the kind of eyes that were hard to look away from, and he gazed at me as if we'd been friends or even lovers in a different life. He looked at me as if he knew me, and suddenly I had this flash of feeling as if I was right where I was supposed to be.
Thoughts on Hard Core: In all honesty, I bought this book for the cover. Because HAI, TATTOOS. I would have been happy to stare at it all day. In an excellent twist, the book was more than just eye candy. It's pretty darn good.

(Not that I expected it wouldn't be given how I've enjoyed other Tess Oliver books in the past, but it's always nice to find something both pretty to look at AND fun to read.)

So. Jacy and Ledger. She's picking up the pieces of her life, he's trying to figure out where he fits into the world outside. They're both floundering and they both find comfort in the other. Which is good seeing as how this is a romance. While I didn't necessarily agree with Ledger keeping his secret for as long as he did, I can still understand why he hesitated to tell Jacy the truth.

Enjoyable with some smokin' sexy times, my soft spot for reformed bad boys who find someone whose damaged edges fit with theirs is alive and kicking. Tattoos do it for me, man. I make no apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment