Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Review: The Fallen: Volume 2 (Aerie & Reckoning) by Thomas E. Sniegoski


Synopsis (via Goodreads): Destined for Heaven or Hell? 

Aaron's senior year has been anything but typical. Half-angel and half-human, he has been charged to reunite the Fallen with Heaven. But the leader of the Dark Powers is determined to destroy Aaron—and all hope of angelic reconciliation.

Struggling to harness the incredible force within him, Aaron trains for the ultimate battle. With the Dark Powers building in strength and numbers, their clash may come sooner than he expects. And everyone who's ever mattered to Aaron is now in grave danger.


Aaron must protect the girl he loves and rescue the only family he's ever known. Because if he can't save them from the Dark Powers, how can he hope to save the Fallen?

My Take I read volume 1 (The Fallen and Leviathan) earlier this year and while I wasn't completely enamoured of the story, I was interested enough that I wanted to know how it ended.

My biggest issue with the book (as it was with volume 1) is that random characters are introduced that are almost immediately killed off. You never have the chance to connect to these characters and their deaths ultimately have little impact emotionally. I'm not terribly well versed in angelic lore (however, ask me a question about vampires, demons or werewolves and I'll knock your proverbial socks off with my answers!) so I can't say whether the mythology that's created was wildly imaginative or totally off base or anything along those lines. I ultimately liked the entire series, especially the idea that the most innocuous of creatures can have the greatest impact. Also, the cover's not to shabby.


Other books by Thomas E. Sniegoski

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment