Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Review: My Christmas Wish by Ember Case

Synopsis (via Goodreads):
Tara Walsh has come a long way from paying her dues in a smoky New Orleans club. Her albums sell millions, her tours sell out and she has a hit DVD. Her name is known around the world. Now she’s back home for a holiday charity concert—and to say a proper goodbye to the past. A past named Duncan Rousse.

Five years ago, Duncan pushed Tara away for one reason: to force her to reach for the stars. She deserves the life she’s earned, even though it left him with a broken heart that’s never healed. Having her back in his arms only makes the pain worse, yet the last thing he can do is beg her to stay.

One wild, passion-filled night in the sexy Cajun’s bed has Tara’s body singing with pleasure. But can they both get what they want this Christmas?
My Thoughts: I'm not a huge fan of contemporary romances without any sort of paranormal twist, so I always feel like I'm doing a disservice to a book when I read one and don't really care for it.  The story's decent, the sex is hot, the characters aren't terrible... but I keep waiting for shapeshifters to pop in and be all Alpha and manly.  Or something.  The point is, this isn't a bad story, it's just not my cup of tea.  Or coffee.  Or that delicious fruity alcoholic drink that I had too many of over the weekend.  I'm just sayin'.

More books by Ember Case

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
 

1 comment: