Monday, December 6, 2010

Review: Deals With Demons: Angels and Demons by Victoria Davies

Synopsis (via Goodreads):
In a world filled with magic, demons and death, Talia survives using her inborn ability to sense and track demons. A handy skill for a demon hunter. There's one demon, though, who's never far from her mind or her heart, damn his black soul.

Years ago Devlin saved Talia from the murderous demon who killed her family. The memory of him has haunted her ever since the night she fled his home, her body branded with a permanent reminder of his lust-and her humiliation.

Now he's back at her door with an offer she can't refuse. He's found the one who killed her family, and he'll help her kill the monster. For a price. One last heated night in her arms.

Temptation and the chance for revenge are too much for Talia to resist. However, once bound to Devlin in an unbreakable deal, Talia realizes too late there's more at stake than the death of her nightmares. Her heart wasn't supposed to be part of the bargain-but she should have known to expect anything when she made a deal with this demon.

Warning: This title contains hot demons and hotter sex. Author advises caution when making deals with the damned.
My Thoughts: I was a little hesitant to pick this one up because I really, really liked the first short story in this series (Break by Tarra Blaize) and I kinda figured the good luck wouldn't hold and I'd hate this one.  Now, I can't say that I liked it more than Break but I certainly found it entertaining.  There was something elemental about Dev and Talia that appealed to me.

The story is ultimately about their relationship, with the revenge on the demon who had murdered her family being secondary.  That said, I almost think the confrontation with that demon was too quick.  It would have been nice to see a little more maiming and destruction before things were ended.  However, given the length of the story I can understand why it played out as it did.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that misunderstood demons are a kink of mine.  Or so it seems by the amount of demon-themed books I've been reading lately.

Other reviews in this series:
Break: Angels and Demons by Tarra Blaize

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment