Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Review: Fated (Doomsday Brethren #1.5) by Shayla Black

Synopsis (via Goodreads):
Kari Keswick and Ronan Wolvesey burned for one another, but a deadly family curse targets their love with destruction. Will magic tear them apart?
My Thoughts: For a short story, this was surprisingly satisfying.  Kari and Ronan had a sweetness to their relationship that worked for me.  He's determined to keep her safe, she's determined to safeguard her heart.  Yet somehow they make it work.

I liked that the characters from Tempt Me With Darkness put in an appearance and tied these new characters into the overall storyline.  I also liked that secondary things that happened in the first book were brought into clearer focus here.  We saw the death of a minor character in book 1 that has a direct impact on one of the secondary characters in this story.  I like that sort of continuity.

A fast read, but very fun.

Other reviews in this series:
Book 1: Tempt Me With Darkness

More books by Shayla Black

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment