Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Review: Sweet Disgrace by Cherrie Lynn

Synopsis (via Goodreads):
She has Heaven to lose. He has Hell to pay.

Centuries of heartbreak. Grinding failures punctuated by too-few victories. What angel in her right mind would want this job? Celeste, who’s driven to save Devil-contracted souls before Hell can claim them, is weary, but not beaten. Yet.

Her latest case makes her wonder if it’s all worth the anguish. A demon enticed a too-young musician into selling his soul for fortune and fame. To make matters worse, that demon is Damael, an insufferable, frightening minion with airtight contracts—and a body that makes her long for sin.

Damael’s always had a soft spot for Celeste, but if his bored superiors want drama, he’ll give them drama. Though it pains him to trick the angel he wants with all his black heart, eons of restrained lust win out. He makes the deal: her body in exchange for the human’s soul.

She wasn’t supposed to accept.

Damael can’t be trusted, but with the deadline bearing down, Celeste lays everything on the line in a last-ditch effort to save just one precious soul. Even if it means losing hers—along with her heart.

Warning: This title contains graphic language, explicit sex, an angelic heroine with attitude…and a demonic hero who’s smoking hot. Literally.
My Thoughts: I have a bit of a soft spot for sexy demons.  It's a thing.  Deal with it.  I especially have a soft spot for sexy demons who fall for unlikely mates.  Like, you know, an angel.  And then when those sexy demons have wickedly hot sex with said angel... perfection!

I guess I'm pretty much saying that this book hit all my angel/demon lovin' kinks.  Hot demon who can't keep away from a sweet angel?  Check.  The angel is ground down by the futility of her job saving humans who don't want to be saved?  Check.  The demon happens to have a conscience?  Check!  The angel enters into an agreement with the demon that results in blistering sex?  Check, check!  And by "blistering sex" I don't mean that in the literal sense.  There were no first or second degree burns involved.  I think.  I mean, there was a certain amount of friction but no actual burning.  Although there might have been if they had kept it up.  Because sexy demons are hot!

What was I talking about again?

Oh, I liked this book.  I liked it a lot.

More books by Cherrie Lynn

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, this one sounds intriguing . . . nice twist on the traditional selling your sould to the devil idea. Plus, I love the cover - blue jeans, black leather, and white angel wings!

    ReplyDelete