Sunday, January 30, 2011

Review: Caleb (The Shadow Wranglers #1) by Sarah McCarty

Synopsis (via Goodreads):
Allie always desired mysterious, sexy rancher Caleb Johnson, but he never seemed to notice her. Until the night she's attacked by a vicious animal, and rescued by a shapeshifting vampire that she almost seems to recognize: the baritone growl, the mesmerizing eyes, the inexplicable animal attraction. That's because her savior is Caleb, and now he has no choice but to bring Allie into the shadows with him-to protect her from a rival werewolf pack, and to finally reveal his true feelings for the woman he's been afraid to love.
My Thoughts: I'm not quite sure how I feel about this book.  On one hand, I want to know how the other brothers end up with their happily ever after and how Allie fits into the new world order that the bad guys are trying to create.  And yet, there were times while I was reading this book that I had no idea why things were happening.  It was like the author decided to skip over a few scenes and let us fill in the blanks.  I don't need every little thing spelled out for me while I'm reading but I do expect that events will flow cohesively and I won't be left fumbling between scenes.

I'm going to go back to what I said earlier, though.  Despite the writing flow issues, I want to see how the rest of the story plays out.  I guess that means that I enjoyed the book.  Dangit.  I'm confused.

Now, the things that I liked: Caleb and his brothers.  Their alpha male attitudes.  The werewolves.  I can't say that the good necessarily outweighed the bad but I'm still want to know how things play out.  Do you see where my confusion lies?

More books by Sarah McCarty

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment