Saturday, January 8, 2011

Review: Stone Kissed by Keri Stevens

Synopsis (via Goodreads)
When Delia Forrest talks to statues, they talk back. She is, after all, the last of the Steward witches.

After an arsonist torches her ancestral home with her estranged father still inside, Delia is forced to sell the estate to pay his medical bills. Her childhood crush, Grant Wolverton, makes a handsome offer for Steward House, vowing to return it to its former glory. Delia agrees, as long as he'll allow her to oversee the restoration.

Working so closely with Grant, Delia finds it difficult to hide her unique talent—especially when their growing passion fuels her abilities.

But someone else lusts after both her man and the raw power contained in the Steward land. Soon Delia finds herself fighting not just for Grant's love, but for both their lives...
My Thoughts: For the most part, I really enjoyed this book.  I thought Delia's power was different and pretty cool (hey, I don't know anyone who can talk to statues so it was definitely in the "different" category) however, I wish that Grant's twitch of ability had been explored a bit more.  At least I assume that his ability to find things was supposed to be considered an ability.  Look!  Now I'm second guessing myself!  No, I'm sure he had an ability beyond what a normal person would have. (It was referred to as his "spidey-sense" in one scene!)  Like I said, I just wish it had been explored a bit further.

The plot was tight and fast paced, moving through Delia's reactions to losing her home into her undeniable attraction to Grant.  I loved the bits with the statues and how they measured time so oddly due to their longevity.  Beyond even that, I loved how Delia's secret is known by so many of the town and how they accept her for it.

Overall, I'd have to say that while I had a fun time reading the book, it lost a little something by not delving further into both Grant's past and his (maybe it's only in my head) ability.  To be fair, not going there didn't lessen the impact of their romance or the tenseness of the storyline, it just would have been nice.

Funky, sexy, hot and with an unexpected ending that made me blink, those that are a fan of paranormal romances will enjoy this one.

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment