Saturday, March 5, 2011

Review: The Cajun's Captive (Stormy Weather #1) by Selena Blake

Synopsis (via Goodreads):
After centuries of solitude the stars are finally aligned just right. The handsome Deveraux brothers of Louisiana are going to meet their match this Hurricane Season.

Sebastian Deveraux is the Alpha of his pack and like all the Deveraux men, he's sexy as pure sin. He's waited for decades for just the right woman. For his mate. And ten years ago he'd been sure he'd found her in Amanda St. James. But she'd run from him.

Now she's back. He'll do anything to keep her. Even if it means chaining her to his bed.
My Thoughts: I have no problem with books where a sexy Alpha male decides he wants a certain someone and does everything in his power to get her.  None.  But I do prefer that books that have the word 'captive' in their title and have a woman with her hands bound on the cover have more ... captivity.  I have expectations, people, and I want them to be met!

Yes, there is a little tying up, a little binding, some light bondage play... but I was expecting more.  THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT THIS BOOK.  Are we clear on that?  I wanted utter domination.  Not really on that last part.  This is kinda like the time I read Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down and was completely disappointed in the level of tying up they did.  Don't tease me with the domination aspect and then don't follow through.  It's just mean.

Okay.  I think I got that out of my system.  Maybe.

This is definitely a fast read.  I think I whipped through it in around an hour.  Yes, it is hot (despite the lack of D/s-ing) and the Deveraux boys are sexy and Alpha.  Amanda could have shown a little more personality especially when she found out that Sebastian and his brothers are werewolves but I was able to overlook that.  Mostly because I was itching to get to the second book in this series.  Why?  Three words, guys: Hot Cajun Threesome!

Don't worry, I'm already on it.

More books by Selena Blake

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

1 comment:

  1. LOL about the dominating thing! I get the feeling you were missing this?

    Hot cajun threesome! Sounds yummy! Definitely going to check these books out.

    ReplyDelete