Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Review: Sabine (And the Beast #1) by Moira Rogers

Release date : May 3, 2011
Synopsis (via Goodreads):
After three years at war, the High Lord of the Forest returns to his lands, a victorious wolf leader intent on claiming his mate. Instead Ciar finds an empty bed and a court with no recollection of the woman he loved. Following her long-cold trail proves far easier than facing what awaits him at the end.

Sabine’s first instinct is to beg her beloved to leave. The High Lord’s mother hired a witch to curse Sabine, desperate to wipe the lowborn wolf from her son’s mind. But the spell worked too well, and Sabine has vanished from the thoughts of everyone who sees her. Including her own family.

The edges of his memory already blurring, Ciar and Sabine must race to find a way to reverse the spell. Yet every searing moment together is not enough to stop the curse’s inexorable progress. His only chance is to bind Sabine to him too tightly to be forgotten, before she disappears once and for all.

Product Warnings
This story contains cruel betrayal, destined love, vile curses, smoldering reunions, wicked deeds between wanton shapeshifters and a happily-ever-after worthy of any fairy tale.
My Thoughts: I had no intention of writing up this review so far in advance of the release date for this book.  None.  Zip.  And then the darn thing had to go and make me CRY and now I find that I have no choice but to write about it.  Because it's awesome and sweet and heartbreaking all at once.  Damn you, Moira Rogers, and the puddly mess you reduce me to.

Oh, this book killed me.  Poor Sabine, cursed to be forgotten by everyone, including those that love her most.  Ciar, determined to find a way to hold onto the woman who's crawled into his heart.  There was something so sweet about their romance.  It felt doomed and hopeful all at once.  As the memory of their time together is driven out by the curse it becomes harder and harder to see how those two are going to get their happily-ever-after.

I really can't say enough about how much I loved this story.  It gave me all the things that make fairy tales wonderful with a heaping side of sexy.  As it turns out, sexy fairy tales are my new favorite flavor of FUN!

More books by Moira Rogers

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment