Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Review: A Highlander of Her Own (Daughters of the Glen #4) by Melissa Mayhue

Synopsis (Goodreads):
TEXAS, PRESENT DAY. Ellie Denton's world has spiraled out of control. A strange new birthmark, animals talking to her, and her mother's ex-husband laying claim to the family ranch have her thinking life can't get more complicated. But Ellie doesn't know the birthmark's connection to her Faerie ancestors. Complicated takes on a whole new meaning with her innocent wish to find her true love.

SCOTLAND, 1304. Caden MacAlister has more trouble than he can handle. With his brother held for ransom and the laird missing, the last thing he needs is another problem. But the Fae have other plans. A mysterious woman shows up in his stables, sent by Faerie Magic to find her true love. Fighting his attraction, Caden insists she's meant for one of his brothers. With his history, he has no desire for a woman in his life -- especially a woman sent by the Fae.

Only the magic of the Fae can determine whether Ellie will find a Highlander of her own...
My Thoughts: Okay, okay, okay. I'll admit to having a bit of a soft spot for sexy, kilt-wearing Highlanders.  Who doesn't, really?  I mean, all those muscles and the way they swing their swords.  I'm not even talking metaphorically here.  I mean the way they fight.  Although the other sword swinging isn't too shabby either.  I guess.  I mean, I am willing to do some scientific research on this subject and travel to the Highlands to see if their man-parts live up to my romance addled expectations.

But enough about me.  I liked this book.  It was a fun time travel romp that plopped a modern day woman into the arms of a man who's used to wearing the pants.  Metaphorically.  She has to deal with constantly being told what she can and can't do as a woman in the 1300's and he gets a big dose of her modern can-do sensibility.  It doesn't hurt that she grew upon a sheep farm and he owns a whole lot of sheep.  Okay, maybe that was just a itty-bitty part of the story, but I liked it.

A fun, fast read that gave me a bunch of sword swinging Highlanders and the women who foil them.

More books by Melissa Mayhue

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment