Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Review: A Savage Lust (Pride Brothers #3) by H.C. Brown

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Prince Rio of Knight Watch's mission is to visit London, to retrieve the Lady's Book of Knowledge. He encounters Humans for the first time and his life freefalls into chaos. Torn between his love for a magnificent Fae male and an unusual Human female, he must complete his task or fall foul of Nox, King of the Faerie.
My Thoughts: This is another book where I'm not quite sure how I feel about it.  There were some interesting elements to it but at the same time I had a tough time liking most of the characters.  I do feel like I need to point out that I'm coming into this series at book 3 so I might very well have felt differently if I started at the beginning.  But being the book-reading rebel that I am I jumped in with both feet and totally forget my floaties.

So.  I like menage books.  A lot.  I read menage books.  A lot.  I like books where one of the characters might be a little more dominant than the other.  I like books with Fae and shapeshifters.   That said, I don't really care for books where one of the characters might have some doubts about their feelings for one of the others and he rushes off willy-nilly and has a torrid affair with a random other character.  Well, sometimes I don't mind it.  But this time it felt... tawdry.  I felt like he was almost coerced into the sex and it made me feel kinda dirty on the inside.

Let me tell you, when reading about sexy men having sexy shenanigans with other people, I don't want to feel dirty.  I want to nod my head and be like... YEAH!

The point in all this is that I never really connected to the characters.  Honestly, it very well could have been coming into the series in the middle.  I don't know.  I just know that I want sexy men to have sexy sex with the people they're supposed to have sex with.  I don't care if it's m/f, m/m, m/m/f, m/m/m/m/m/m/m/f or whatever.  I'm just kidding about that last one.  I wouldn't even know where to start with that.  The point is that I never felt like we never really got to know Rio or Tanz or Aria and that made their epic love fall a little flat.

*sigh*  I still like both Fae and shapeshifters, though.

More books by H.C. Brown

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment