Friday, May 13, 2011

Quickie Review: Dead Drop: A Lawson Vampire Bonus Story by Jon F. Merz

Reposted due to the Great Blogger Apocalypse of 2011
Synopsis (Goodreads):
Meet Lawson. A cynical, wise-cracking vampire charged with protecting the Balance between vampires and humans, he is part cop, part spy, and part commando -- a James Bond with fangs. Lawson mixes shrewd cunning with unmatched lethality to get his job done. He tries his best to dismantle conspiracies, dispatch bad guys, and live long enough to get home.

This time, Lawson has been given an easy assignment, a “dead drop.” That is until an old enemy returns…
My Thoughts
Okay. While this is a very short story, I really liked the writing style and the way the story was laid out. Oh, and I think the cover's pretty cool also.

For the record, I've never read any of the Lawson Vampire books and this was a very intriguing start for me. I liked the pacing, the characters, the flashbacks to Lawson's first job. I was interested on pretty much every level. I think it was a great introduction into this world and the fact that it's currently free through Amazon just makes it that much more appealing. In other words, give it a try and see if it's for you.

More books by Jon F. Merz

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment