Friday, June 10, 2011

Review: Firestorm (Weather Warden #5) by Rachel Caine

Synopsis (Goodreads):
The genie is out of the bottle. Rogue Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin is racing to New York to warn her former colleagues of the impending apocalypse. An ancient agreement between the Djinn and the Wardens has been broken, and the furious Djinn, slaves to the Wardens for millennia, are now free of mortal control. With more than half the Wardens unaccounted for in the wake of the Djinn uprising, Joanne realizes that the natural disasters they've combated for so long were merely symptoms of restless Mother Nature fidgeting in her sleep. Now she's waking up - and she's angry -
My Thoughts: Holy crumb!  How much did I love this ending?  So much that I'm queuing up book 6 for immediate reading.  That was one seriously awesome cliffhanger.  Seriously awesome.

One thing that really stood out for me here was getting more information on the demon marks and seeing the reason behind why they have this drive to infect.  I loved the entire Oracle/Mother connection.  As always, I liked that Joanne goes practically orgasmic over her cars, her shoes and her clothes.  The storyline with Jo's sister?  Let's just say that I liked that Eamon can be a the perfect boyfriend one minute and a scary son of a bitch the next.  How is it that it amuses me that Jo's sister is so terribly clueless about him?  I don't know, but it does.

David and Imara.  With the events leading up to the ending here I'm hoping that things turn out well but I'm not holding my breath.  David is pretty awesome all juiced up, btw.  Actually, he's just pretty awesome.  Period.  As for Imara.  Oh, Imara.  I loved the glimpses she gave of her insecurities.  For all that she has the body and mind of a full-grown woman, she yearns for her mother's love like a child does.  Which makes sense since she's only a few days old.

The entire book was of the action packed variety but it was the ending that grabbed me by the throat.  I just want to know how things are going to turn out.  I must know!

Other reviews in this series:
Book 1: Ill Wind
Book 2: Heat Stroke
Book 3: Chill Factor
Book 4: Windfall

More books by Rachel Caine

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment