Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Review: Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander #4) by Karen Marie Moning

Synopsis (Goodreads):
A laird trapped between centuries...

Enchanted by a powerful spell, Highland laird Drustan MacKeltar slumbered for nearly five centuries hidden deep in a cave, until an unlikely savior awakened him. The enticing lass who dressed and spoke like no woman he’d ever known was from his distant future, where crumbled ruins were all that remained of his vanished world. Drustan knew he had to return to his own century if he was to save his people from a terrible fate. And he needed the bewitching woman by his side....

A woman changed forever in his arms...

Gwen Cassidy had come to Scotland to shake up her humdrum life and, just maybe, meet a man. How could she have known that a tumble down a Highland ravine would send her plunging into an underground cavern — to land atop the most devastatingly seductive man she’d ever seen? Or that once he’d kissed her, he wouldn’t let her go?

Bound to Drustan by a passion stronger than time, Gwen is swept back to sixteenth-century Scotland, where a treacherous enemy plots against them ... and where a warrior with the power to change history will defy time itself for the woman he loves....
My Thoughts:  Yes!  I finally get my grubby paws on a book featuring those sexy MacKeltars ... yummers.  What with the hair and the big, sexy brain and the kilt.  *swoon*  I've really enjoyed the other books is this series (Oh, Grimm, you hunk of burning love!) but ever since I encountered the MacKeltars in the Fever series and found out that they had their own books... well, I've been dying to read their stories.

Drustan's story didn't disappoint.  He's big and brawny with a ginormous brain.  He has untold power at his fingertips and he's honorable enough to not abuse it.  I liked him when he was struggling to understand Gwen's world and I liked him when he was trying his hardest to keep his hands off her in the past.  Gwen is one smart, sassy lady who goes after what she wants.  They were pretty awesome together.

One thing I really liked in this book is that both Drustan and Gwen had to deal with being thrust into a different time.  Drustan adapted fairly quickly to waking up in the present and he put his plan to get himself back to his time into effect with a minimum of fuss.  Gwen was able to use her smarts to thrive in the past and convince the man of her dreams that they're meant to be together.

Overall, I liked finally meeting the MacKeltar clan (outside of the Fever books, that is) and I loved the set-up for later books.  Fun, flirty and sexy, I can't wait to see what devilment these boys get into next.

Other reviews in this series:
Book 1: Beyond the Highland Mist
Book 2: To Tame a Highland Warrior
Book 3: The Highlander's Touch

More books by Karen Marie Moning

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I just love the MacKeltar boys. Trust me, they make this series absolutely delicious. Looks like you and I switches books. I just finished the Highlander series and I'm starting the Fever series. So excited for more Moning!

    ReplyDelete