Saturday, April 18, 2015

Discussion Post: Things that make me happy (part 4)

Every so often, I get overwhelmed by all the negative things going on out in the world. Whether it's badness out in the real world or drama happening online, there are times when I need a break from the rough stuff.

Thus, things that make me happy was born. Want to see what I've been happy about before? Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.

Things that make me happy (part 4)

1. Puns. Puns and stupid jokes. I laughed HARD at a FB post around Valentine's Day that said "Happy Alentine's Ay. For those of us who aren't getting the V or the D." Oh, man. Now I'm laughing again!

2. Behind the scenes peeks at books, movies, TV shows, etc. I LOVE THOSE. I read articles about how actors could barely get through filming a scene for a movie because one of them was flatulent and I laugh so hard I almost pee my pants. Yes, my humor is a little low-brow, but DAMMIT I enjoy myself. And that's what this is about.

3. That moment when everything gels in a book. Both as a writer and a reader. When I'm reading and I can suddenly FEEL everything the character is going though. When I'm writing and I KNOW all the setup has been done correctly because the scene just pops. There's nothing like that.

4. Finding a character that resonates with you. For whatever reason. Whether it's because you see yourself in her or him or the author writes them so well you feel ALL THE EMOTIONS as they deal with whatever is thrown at them. ALL THE EMOTIONS, MY FRIENDS! ALL THE EMOTIONS!

Thus ends another episode of Things That Make Me Happy. May your coming days be filled with unicorns and rainbows (if you're into that, I guess) and zombies (BOO-YAH!).

No comments:

Post a Comment