Thursday, September 1, 2016

Gone with the Wolf by Kristin Miller [Review]

Gone with the Wolf by Kristin Miller
Gone with the Wolf (Seattle Wolf Pack #1) by Kristin Miller
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: May 5, 2016

Seattle Wolf Pack
1. Gone with the Wolf - Paperback | Kindle
2. Four Weddings and a Werewolf
3. So I Married a Werewolf

Kristin Miller
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
CEO and alpha werewolf Drake Wilder has given up the search for his one true love. When he discovers that she’s a secretary in his company, Drake’s primal instincts kick into overdrive.

What he wouldn’t give to have her fingers rake over his body instead of the keyboard…

Free-spirited bartender Emelia Hudson wants nothing more than to make her Seattle-based bar succeed. But when profits decline, she slips into a dress suit and secures a nine-to-five. After learning that her bar has become property of Wilder Financial, Emelia is determined to get some answers.

Two can play the ruthless business game. If only her attraction to the boss wasn’t so intense…

When Drake’s twin brother senses that Drake has found his match—and now inherits their father’s billion dollar estate—he hatches a plan to take Emelia out. Drake vows to protect her at all costs, but he might have to pay with his own life.
Thoughts on Gone with the Wolf: I went back and forth on this book. I ended up liking it overall, but I wanted to kick both Drake and Emelia at different points. I can't even pinpoint what it was that gave me crazy eyes. I just remember thinking "Noooo. This is going to turn out badly. Don't do it."

Anywho. Since Drake's actions caused most of my crazy, let's look at him. The guy's been running things for so long he has a bit of a problem realizing he should *maybe* let others in on what his plans are. Namely, Emelia. He makes decisions that are very business-like (not a bad thing), but he doesn't explain why he's doing things at times. Which causes friction. As I'm sure you can imagine. He eventually learns from his mistakes, but it takes a while.

And Emelia is... I don't know. Most of my issues with her stemmed from her hardheadedness. Which, if she had been clued in to what Drake was earlier, probably wouldn't have been an issue. But since the guy likes to play his cards close to the vest, she was left out of the loop.

It sounds like I didn't like the book, but I did. The pack dynamics were... well, Drake and his brother are all sorts of messed up. I'm curious about Logan after the glimpse we got of him in this book and I'm kinda ready to pick up book 2 now. So I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment