Monday, October 17, 2016

Hell or High Water by Hailey Edwards [Review]

Hell or High Water by Hailey Edwards
Hell or High Water (Gemini #3) by Hailey Edwards
Format: ebook
Source: provided through Netgalley
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: June 23, 2016

Gemini
1. Dead in the Water
2. Head Above Water
3. Hell or High Water - Kindle
4. Promise the Moon
5. Wolf at the Door
6. Over the Moon
Thrown to the Wolves and Other Stories

Hailey Edwards
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Camille Ellis has gone rogue agent, and there’s no turning back now. The conclave might have put the Charybdis case to bed, but Cam isn’t willing to let it lie. No badge doesn’t mean no backup these days.

As mate to an alpha warg, she has access to new and lethal resources. A whole pack full of them. And they all want justice for the sins committed against them.

But the stakes are higher than she knows, the secrets exposed darker than she feared, and the cost of winning higher than she ever imagined.
Thoughts on Hell or High Water: HELLOOOO, Cam and Graeson! They're back and dealing with all sorts of crazy stuff. AS USUAL. Not only is Cam learning the ins and outs of being the co-alpha of a warg pack, she's also trailing the clues Charybdis has been leaving for her and it's MESSY.

In the best kind of way.

There are some not-so-great family dynamics that pop up in this book. While I understand why her family did what they did, part of me wanted more anger from Cam when she came face to face with it. Again, I get where they were coming from, but my cold, black heart is vengeful and she was very understanding. (I totally own that I might be a wee bit evil, though, so this may just be me.)

I still adore Cam and Graeson together. I love how patient he was with her and how he was willing to bend his alpha tendencies to accommodate her. *squishy hugs for the both of them* I also liked that Cam could see the changes she had to make in herself in order to feel worthy of Graeson's love.

I am RIDICULOUSLY excited to know that this isn't the end of these characters. I've enjoyed all of them from top to bottom and will gladly wallow in more books set in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment