Monday, July 25, 2016

Head Above Water by Hailey Edwards [Review]

Head Above Water by Hailey Edwards
Head Above Water (Gemini #2) by Hailey Edwards
Format: ebook
Source: provided through Netgalley
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: April 29, 2016

Gemini
1. Dead in the Water
2. Head Above Water - Kindle
3. Hell or High Water
4. Promise the Moon
5. Wolf at the Door
6. Over the Moon
Thrown to the Wolves and Other Stories

Hailey Edwards
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Camille Ellis has tracked many killers during her career,but this time it's personal. Cut off from conclave resources, she won't let a small thing like a suspension keep her from accepting Cord Graeson's offer of help.

Pretending to be mated to him is one way to secure allies, but the best that can be said of the Chandler Pack is they haven't killed or eaten her. Yet. Between the alpha's displeasure and the pack's distrust of fae, she's working overtime to keep her head above water.

Just when the fur starts to fly, a tip cracks her case--and her life--wide open.
Thoughts on Head Above Water: Soooo. I might have been the tiniest bit enamored of the whole Cam/Graeson dynamic after book 1. Tiny amount. You probably barely noticed. Let's just say that I would have broken my cardinal rule of series reads if book 2 had been out when I finished book 1. That's right, I WOULD HAVE PICKED UP BOOK 2 BEFORE WRITING THE FIRST REVIEW.

I KNOW! Calm down. But I stand by that statement. I would have read this book immediately. As it turns out, I would have been well within my rights to my fangirling, giddy feelings because this book gave me more delicious Cam/Graeson interactions. *makes incoherent swoony noises*

I seriously loved how Cam had to readjust her thinking where the big guy was concerned. I loved how she had to come to terms with what he was willing to give up to give her freedom. I loved so SO SO SO much about them. Honestly, Cord (and I'm going back on forth on what to call him, this might be confusing) made some mistakes where Cam was concerned. He's domineering and autocratic at times and I totally get why.

Beyond the beginnings of a relationship those two are dancing around, there's the whole case Cam is working on, but not really working on because she's supposed to be suspended. There are layers to the bad guy Cam is tracking down and the more that's uncovered, the more dangerous her involvement becomes. Book 3 can't come fast enough, I SWEAR.

I guess I'm trying to say I liked the book. I know I hide it well, but there it is. THIS SERIES MAKES ME SO INSANELY GREEDY FOR MORE. Which naturally means I'm going to dip into Thierry's books so I can wallow a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment