Monday, January 23, 2017

Wild by Eve Langlais, Kate Douglas, and A.C. Arthur [Review]

Wild Anthology
Wild by Eve Langlais, Kate Douglas, and A.C. Arthur
Format: ebook
Source: provided through NetGalley
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: August 13, 2016

Eve Langlais
Website | Facebook | Amazon |

Kate Douglas
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

A.C. Arthur
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Purchase links: PaperbackKindle

Synopsis (Goodreads):
In Catch a Tiger by the Tail by Eve Langlais, Broderick has a job to do—audit the books of a gentleman’s club. Sounds simple, except his company wants him to find dirt linking to the mob, his secret mob employer wants someone to pin the blame on, and the bar manager at the heart of the controversy doesn’t want him—even though she’s his mate.

In Wild Passions by Kate Douglas, six women—friends closer than sisters—head off to an exclusive mountain resort for a week-long bachelorette getaway, where most of the women just wants to know if there are any good men left in the world. There are, and they’re the men of Feral Passions, a unique resort located on a private wolf preserve, owned and run by a pack of sexy werewolves who use it as their own personal hunting ground for mates.

In Her Perfect Mates by A.C. Arthur, Malec Zenta was part of a loving lycan family until his twin brother’s suicide took a piece of his soul. Channing Verdi never knew his parents, but that was fine because at the age of sixteen on the night of the full moon, he realized his purpose. The only pleasure these two betas have managed to find in their life was in the bed with the women they shared. Now, a human woman has entered their lives...a woman who sets their primal instincts on fire, a woman they can’t help but stake their claim on...and give her the ultimate pleasure of being with two shifters at once.
Thoughts on Wild: Shapeshifters, man. They make me happy.

Catch a Tiger by the Tail by Eve Langlais: The situations Eve Langlais puts her characters in always gives me a giggle. Well, wait. It might be the characters themselves who make me laugh. Either way, I always end up enjoying the sassy women and determined men who populate her books.

Lulu and Brody certainly fit the bill as far as sassy and determined go. They both have secrets that could end up destroying their budding relationship. You know, if the other can't get past those secrets. Plus, there's plenty of opportunity for danger and mayhem. Naturally, they do what any other couple would do when faced with potential bloodshed and/or death: they get nekkid.

(To be fair, Brody does that WAY more than Lulu does. SHIFTERS, MAN! YOU GOTTA LOVE 'EM!)

Fun and sexy, with a side of smartass. I LIKE!

Wild Passions by Kate Douglas: Enjoyable, but with 4 different women dealing with relationships there was a lot of story being told. I was going back and forth on whether I wanted Meg to end up with one of the wolves in the beginning. I got a weird vibe off her fiance at first and wasn't sure if he was all in or using her for some nefarious scheme. Then everything became clear and there was much rejoicing. I ended up liking Elle and Tuck the best out of the group. Probably because I have a soft spot for men who turn into wolves who happen to have funky names. That's just me, though.

Her Perfect Mates by A.C. Arthur: I don't know if I exactly *liked* Carolyn and Malec. No, I liked Malec. Broody, tormented werewolves do it for me. But I never really clicked into Carolyn's head. She was weirdly off-putting. I don't even know why. Or maybe I do. Maybe it was because she was fighting so hard against what she wanted it made it tough to imagine her enjoying herself with two wolves. I did like Channing. Heck, I like most werewolves, so I guess that's a given. Still, I'm kinda going back and forth on how I feel about this book. I like the different take on werewolf mythology, I wasn't in love with Carolyn. Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment