Monday, August 17, 2026

Cottonmouth by Naomi Lucas [Review]

Cottonmouth (Naga Brides #6) by Naomi Lucas
Format: paperback
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: April 4, 2026

Naga Brides
1. Viper
2. King Cobra
3. Blue Coral
4. Death Adder
5. Boomslang
6. Cottonmouth - Paperback | Kindle
7. Titanoboa
8. Copperhead
9. Black Mamba

Naomi Lucas
|Website | Amazon|

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Ever since humans arrived, my world has changed. Tensions are high as we quarrel over territory, reforming our fractured clans.

I will have none of it. I did not capture a bride.

But then my world goes dark—and she appears.

A female so lovely she possesses my mind, a bride who blushes every time she catches my eye.

She is sweet.

She is young.

She is everything I am not.

Except nothing is as it seems. I’m no longer in the forest; I’m in a cage. I’m on a ship, far from my nest, wrapped in chains.

And the female?

She is my enemy.

Only… I’m the devious naga who does not care.
Thoughts on Cottonmouth: I really like this series and I absolutely ADORE how feral these naga are when it comes to their special someones. BUT, WOW, was I stressed about all the information being amassed by the scientist in charge of Syasku's imprisonment and "testing". And then there was the whole thing with Asera. Like, bro, no mate is worth the price you're paying to get a little V.

But that's down the road. First up, Syasku and Vivian. He was the naga captured in the previous book. She's on the medical (and I use that term loosely because A LOT of what was done to him was medical in name only) team assigned to manage him. She's also one of the children of the Dreadnaut's commander (who is NOT a good person in any way, shape, or form) and she's almost as trapped as Syasku is. Her dad's desperate to hang onto the power he has and her boss is just plain power-mad. She's caught in a place where her best bet is to remain unnoticed.

Frankly, being unnoticed gets throw out the window when Syasku speaks to her. She's the only one he'll communicate with which puts her in a tough position. A serious of events has her ending up imprisoned in his cell with him and, well, things escalate from there. Soon the two are enjoying their alone time A LOT.

But they're both still prisoners and the people in charge aren't about to let a valuable asset slip through their fingers. Let's just say things get messy and Vivian and Syasku have to fight their way to freedom.

(Also, Asera, no. Just no.)

A whole lot of danger (at pretty much every turn), a rebellion, a very bad woman using every drop of her power to take what she thinks she deserves, a naga who will carve a path through a ship to keep his mate safe (once he heals, that is), and a lady who has found someone worth burning down her world for. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment