Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Review: Gentlemen Prefer Succubi (Succubus Diaries #1) by Jill Myles

Synopsis (via Goodreads):
Jackie Brighton woke up in a Dumpster this morning, and her day has only gotten weirder. Her familiar B-cups have somehow become double Ds, her sex drive is insatiable, and apparently she had her first one-night stand ever...with a fallen angel. All she remembers is gorgeous Noah's oddly hypnotic blue eyes...and then a dark stranger whose bite transformed her into an immortal siren with a sexy Itch. With help from Noah, Jackie begins to adapt to her new lifestyle — until she accidentally sends Noah into the deadly clutches of the vampire queen and lands herself in a fierce battle for an ancient halo with the queen's wickedly hot righthand man. Who just happens to be the vampire who originally bit her. How's a girl supposed to save the world when the enemy's so hard to resist?
My Thoughts: I wasn't planning on reading this book today.  I have other books that are burning a hole in my e-reader.  Several of them, in fact.  Then I popped on over to Pocket After Dark and saw that this was one of the free reads this month.  Hmm, I thought to myself, this is a series I've been meaning to take a look at!  Now's the perfect time.

A few hours and a couple cups of coffee later (and quite a few potty breaks due to all that coffee, come to think of it) and I had finished the book.  I couldn't stop reading it.  It hit all those awesome little kinks that make my heart go pitter patter.  I couldn't stop reading it.  Seriously.  I was planning on drawing it out and slipping between the several books I have queued up and I couldn't.  I.Couldn't.Stop.Reading.It.

Let's go through the list, shall we: Dead sexy fallen angel?  Check.  Wickedly sexy vampire with a soft spot for our heroine?  Check.  Heroine who has to have huge quantities of sex to satisfy this nebulous craving inside her?  Check.  Heroine somehow still manages to maintain a touch of innocence about her despite having the sex drive of a fiend?  Check.  Okay, that last one was not exactly a kink, I just enjoyed it.

Seriously, though, I could hardly believe how much I enjoyed this book.  It was ridiculously fun.  It even made me laugh out loud a time or two.  While I was in my room.  Alone.  It was just awesome like that!

So, yeah.  I totally recommend this book.  Totally.  Absolutely.  Because everyone needs to dream about an angel/vampire sandwich.  Yum.

More books by Jill Myles

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment