Monday, April 4, 2011

Review: The Abandoned (The Graveyard Queen #0.5) by Amanda Stevens

Synopsis (via Goodreads):
When her favorite patient at a private mental hospital passes away, psychology student Ree Hutchins mourns the elderly woman's death. But more unsettling is her growing suspicion that something unnatural is shadowing her.

Amateur ghost hunter Hayden Priest believes Ree is being haunted. Even Amelia Gray, known in Charleston as The Graveyard Queen, senses a gathering darkness. Driven by a force she doesn't understand, Ree is compelled to uncover an old secret and put abandoned souls to rest—before she is locked away forever....
My Thoughts: I really, really enjoyed this one.  Amanda Stevens has a fun, approachable writing style and despite the short length of the story I absolutely adored the characters from the get-go.  I have The Restorer queued up to read next and this short just tickled my eagerness even further.

Ree and Hayden were adorable and although things moved very quickly for them they were so very fun to read about.  I want to know more about Amelia and the others that were introduced.  I want to see more ghosts and I want to know if the Order is bigger than the little slice we saw here.

I'd have to say that this short story whetted my appetite for more in this world.  I'm very pleased that I don't have to wait to dive into book 1.

More books by Amanda Stevens

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an eerie yet captivating story. A twist of paranormal mystery is always fun to read!

    ReplyDelete