Sunday, September 4, 2011

Review: The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey #2) by Julie Kagawa

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.
 My Thoughts: Holy ever-lovin' Hannah! This series is phenomenally fun.  I guess it's probably not all that fun for Meghan what with the constant threat of death and her sexy Prince treating her like she's less than dirt, but I found it enjoyable.

Speaking of sexy Princes... I am totally Team Ash.  Hardcore, yo!  Like, even when he's being something of an ass-hat (for reasons that I totally get, btw) I'm all "These two kids are sooooo meant for one another!"  For the record, when he was drowning in ass-hattery and giving Meghan the cold shoulder (get it? Cold shoulder? And he's the Winter Prince! Lololol! I crack myself up!) my heart kinda shattered for her.  It was hard to read, even knowing that he was doing it to protect her.  You know, because I want those two to end up together.  Yep.  Team Ash.  All the way.

Anyway.  I pretty much love this series.  Meghan's been forced to make some hard choices in her short time in the NeverNever.  She risks herself over and over again because she can't walk away when she knows something can be done.  She's given up everything to fulfill a promise and yet she holds strong and finds a way to keep going.  Sure, she might have spent a teeny-tiny amount of time wallowing and such but for the most part she's doing the best she can.

I can't wait to see how the events in this book reflect in the next.

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Other reviews in this series:
Book 1: The Iron King
Novella 1.5: Winter's Passage

More books by Julie Kagawa

4 comments:

  1. Hi, hopping through on FF!
    Just entered the Paranormal World of books, and would love to follow you and read your reviews. You have a nice and "relaxing" blog. I like it very much!
    New follower for sure :D
    -KindleJoy-/Norway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so team Ash, too! Because of that, though, there were a few scenes in this book that drove me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book in my TBR! I loved the first book, though I have my reservations about the love triangle. I certainly prefer Ash as a romantic lead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KindleJoy: Thank you and welcome!

    Amanda: No kidding! I get why he was doing it but it was hard to read.

    fairypenguin: The triangle isn't too bad, really. Meghan knows what she wants and she pretty much sticks to her guns. More or less.

    ReplyDelete