Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Review: A Touch of Greek (Out of Olympus #1) by Tina Folsom

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Selfish and gorgeous Greek God Triton is cast out of Olympus after seducing Zeus’ mistress and can only gain reentry if he finds a woman who loves him for his kindness and selflessness, not his beauty. When the mortal Sophia – recovering from an eye operation and virtually blind – needs a home healthcare worker, he takes on the role, hoping she will be his ticket home.

While defending Sophia from an unknown adversary, Triton’s protective instinct emerges. At the same time rival Gods do everything to doom him to failure. And even if Triton can win Sophia’s love, will he throw it away to return home, or will he lose his own heart to the only woman who truly sees him?
My Thoughts: Tina Folsom's books have a tendency to be exactly what I'm looking for when I'm looking for it.  A little bit funny, a little bit sexy ... okay, more than a little bit... and a little bit touching, this one hit the spot.

Triton's man-whoreishness was a crack up.  His incredibly shallow personality in the beginning was something you couldn't help but cringe over even as you laughed uncomfortably.  Sophia's ice queen persona likewise was one that had me shaking my head a bit.  However, when Sophia is forced to trust Triton to care for her after her accident (even though he lied about who he was), things begin to change.  She opens up and he becomes less about getting in her pants and more about getting to know her.  I loved the accidental and not so accidental touches that set both of them on metaphorical fire.  I loved how protective Triton found himself becoming when Sophia was in danger.

All in all, this was a fun read with characters that grew nicely and a world that was very, very interesting.  Dio's book is next! Can't wait!

More books by Tina Folsom

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think my brother is a man whore, but then I think I probably shouldn't refer to my brother that way, even if it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda: *snort* You crack me up, woman! You can call your brother a man whore if you want to. I won't tell.

    ReplyDelete